Admin | 03 Mar, 2024
Car Selling or Exchange - Which is a better option?
A developing nation, India has been witnessing an unexpected increase in car sales in the recent past. The launch of renowned foreign brands has been an undeniable reason for the increased sales margin. The car dealerships across the country got their cash registers ringing with the influx of car buyers. Presently, most car models have around six months to one-year waiting periods.
This transformation is visible in the used car market as well. Second-hand car sales have multiplied over the past decade. Reliable used car dealerships like Indus Used Cars have also been instrumental in elevating pre-owned car sales. It is a common dilemma whether to exchange or sell your old car when going for a new feature-rich model.
Special offers and exclusive deals during the festival season may indicate that exchanging the car may be good. However, you should not make a decision in a hurry. Superficially appearing good, an exchange may not be as financially beneficial as selling the car many times. You must examine the scenario and study the economic advantages before going ahead.
What are the Advantages of Selling the Used Car?
The number of Indians opting for the upgrade of the vehicle is increasing rapidly. Earlier they had only the option of selling to individual buyers. With the deal being brokered by a car agent. Or to go for an exchange of the car at the car showroom. A car agent used to ask for heavy commission for the deal, affecting the profit earned. The car exchange price has been nominal and was not according to the expectation of the seller.
The establishment of multi-brand used car showrooms by renowned car sellers like Indus has been a blessing for the clients. The advantages of selling the used car are:
- Trustworthy used car dealers offer the best price for the car
- Easy selling process
- No need to worry about the documentation process, as the team from the car dealership would handle all the formalities
- Proper evaluation process that assures the right price for the used car
- Possibility of negotiations with the second-hand car showroom
- Option to choose the car seller, with several used car dealerships around
- Instant transfer of money
- No unnecessary commission
- Transparent deals
What are the Advantages of Exchange the Car?
Both car manufacturers and dealerships offer car exchange options. With them having custom-designed online platforms, you can process the exchange without the need to arrive at the showroom physically. Car dealers promote exchange since it gives them increased profit. Customers consider exchanging cars, as they don’t want to get into the complication of selling the old car.
The advantages of exchanging your old car with a new one are:
- Option to choose the model of your choice. Need not be the same model as you are exchanging
- Different exchange schemes for the customer to choose from
- The price deduction would help in owning the new car at an affordable rate
- Seasonal deals and offers provide great prices for old used cars
- Easy to dispose of old cars with the car exchange option
- Almost all dealerships offer a car exchange option, irrespective of the model you own or you want to buy
How Used Cars are Evaluated?
The resale value of the second-hand car would depend basically on the condition and performance. It would be evaluated by the technical team at the car dealership before proposing a price. The factors that determine the offered price are:
- Year of manufacture of the car
- Total distance run in Km
- Condition of the components and the complete vehicle
- Whether subjected to an accident. If yes, the degree of destruction
- Variant of the vehicle
- Demand in the second-hand car market
- On-road performance
Know what's your car worthCheck Car Value
Our studies indicate that selling the used car is more financially beneficial for the customer, than exchanging. The car dealership will hold back a specific percentage while you exchange the car. The difference is what they expect as profit when they sell it to a second-hand car dealer after reconditioning the vehicle.
The exchange bonus offered by the car showroom may appear appealing. It is the conditions apply given under asterisk that silently impacts your profit. Normally, customers do not check the conditions. Expecting the dealer to offer you the best price.
New cars nowadays come with offers and deals from manufacturers as well as dealerships. These are just clubbed with the exchange deal when you exchange your old car. Hence, you are losing the profit, which you could have got, even if you didn’t exchange the car.
Selling the old car to a dependable used car dealership is definitely advantageous. The sale is independent of your new car choice. Moreover, reliable second-hand car dealers like Indus Used Cars is known to offer the right price for the pre-owned car.
Are you thinking of selling your old car?
Get in touch with us. We assure you of the best price for the car. You can also consider making use of our exclusive online platform. We have established a systematic process for the evaluation and sale of second-hand cars. The customer-centric process ensures a win-win situation.
To discuss more on the sale of the pre-owned car, contact us now.